We all know University can be a difficult place all year round, but the exam period is the most
stressful. With this added pressure of the final few weeks of the semester come bad eating, hygiene and mental health.
Let us give you some tips to help you keep your health and wellbeing in check during this stressful period!
1. Eat Healthy. It's easy to slack off on your diet during the long hours of studying and re-watching lectures in the library. With numerous options available on campus such as Sumo Salad, Wholefoods, and Supernatural, there is no reason why you can't be eating healthy during the final weeks of the semester.
2. Work the mind AND body. Did you know exercising helps relieve stress? Check out our Happy Hour offers (discounted court hire 12pm-2pm Monday to Friday), visit our Fitness Centre, or join a casual Group Fitness class to help get the blood pumping and release the stress.
3. Don't give up. The exam period can isolate you very quickly, and it's important that you keep your friends close. When it all starts to get too difficult, your friends will be there for you to talk with and relate to.
4. SLEEP. A good night's rest is necessary for everyone. If you're not getting enough sleep, the mental burden builds up, and your productivity drops quickly. The general goal is to get a minimum of 7 hours sleep per day for the body and mind to recover for another day of studying.
5. TREAT. YO. SELF. With the building pressure, it's important to take time and focus on yourself. That could mean treating yourself to a nice breakfast, going out with friends or booking a holiday for after exams so you have a much-deserved reward to look forward to after all the effort you've put into your exam.
Don't forget, it's not just about the grades - what matters most is your health, so remember to take care of yourself during this exam season!